Eric Siebert has opened his nominations for this year’s top blogs. He has, again, included a Female Bloggers category, as he did last year. Unfortunately, last year there were hardly any entrants (two to be precise; me and Melissa aka vMiss) and so Eric cancelled the category, as explained in this tweet:
The cancellation of the category led to some rather harsh commentary, in my opinion. The comment in Gina’s post – “Besides the fact that he could only think of two lady bloggers to include in his annual list, this statement: We need to cultivate more female bloggers just rubbed me the wrong way” – is incorrect in my view. Eric could think of many more than two I’m sure, and his comment was most sincere and meant in a very supportive way, but if you don’t nominate your blog won’t be listed – simples!
Therefore, I hope this year there will be no such discussions and that all the vLadies out there will submit nominations for their blogs.
As with anything like this, you have to ‘be in it to win it’. So, if you have a blog, whatever your gender, then please nominate yourself, here are the categories:
- Favorite New Blog– Blog must have been started in 2016
- Favorite Storage Blog– Must have greater than 50% posts as storage related
- Favorite Independent Blogger– Must not work for VMware or a Technology Partner (i.e. EMC, Dell, IBM, Unitrends, etc.), basically this means customers, resellers and integrators only.
- Favorite Scripting/Automation Blog– Must have greater than 50% posts as scripting/automation related
- Favorite Non-English Blog– Must be primarily published in a non-English language
- Favorite Podcast– Easy one, you must have a podcast
- Favorite Female Blogger– Special recognition for women in tech, must be a female blogger
- Favorite News/Information Site– Any site that primarily publishes news and information and is not really a blog
1,293 total views, 3 views today